Sunday, December 6, 2015

The weekend I was supposed to be in Dublin

I was so excited this weekend because Gabi and I were going to Dublin!!  I planned the whole trip from the taxi ride to the airport, to the flights, to the hotel while there, to the tour to the Cliffs of Moher, to the taxi ride back to Wills.  It was all planned out and it was going to be perfect.  Seriously, I was so excited for one final trip to complete my time here in Bristol!  We woke up bright and early (actually, dark and early cuz the sun still had not risen yet) and headed to the airport.  Once we got there, we saw that our flight was delayed for 3 hours.  Annoying, but not the end of the world.  So we slept and worked on homework.  And then they announced our flight had been cancelled. D: D: Ahhh I was so disappointed and so sad!!  Apparently the rain and wind was extremely bad in Dublin and would be for the rest of the weekend.  Gabi comforted me though when she reminded me, "Well, I'd rather they cancel our flight than have our plane crash."  Okay, good point Gabi.  So I let myself be disappointed for a minute and then enjoyed a relaxing weekend with unexpected extra time!  The Jadies and I decorated the block to get in the Christmas spirit, we ordered Chinese takeout (shoutout to Dragon Fountain), and Ella and I spent a good long time eating desserts at TGI Fridays.
We made it! ...back to the Bristol Temple Meads train station. 
Thank you I block for stealing our toaster, blaming it on K block, and starting what almost
turned into a massive prank war.
Sarah is literally the cutest.  She provided our block Christmas tree and mince pies for us all.
Decorating the block :)
Nikki, Sophie, and I cutting out snowflakes.
Park Street getting fancy. 
I don't know what this is, but it's random and funny, so I had Ella take a picture of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment