Tuesday, July 10, 2012

130

At worksites today my group got to teach an English class to kids 6-8 years old then again to kids 9-10 years old.  They were all so cute and they loved learning!  We taught "I like," "I do not like," and "Do you like?"  It is so gratifying to see that they understand and know that I had a part in that.  This evening we were put in groups of two or three and went to homestay dinners.  At first I was so nervous to spend a whole evening with a local family because I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to understand what they were trying to say to me!  But I ended up having a blast!  The mom made it really easy and asked simple questions that I knew how to answer such as, "Do you have siblings?" "What do your parents do for a living?" and "What do you like to study in school?"  The family was very kind and welcoming, the food was delicious, and the conversation flowed easily!
The whole group right before homestays!  I was with Goose (3rd from the left on the top row) and
Jeff (the one in the front).  We all had a lot of fun together!

No comments:

Post a Comment