Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Hello, it's me

I was just informed that if I do not post on this blog at least once a year, my blog will get deleted. I'm not ready for that yet because I keep thinking "well, I might start it up again"...even though it's been a solid five years. But the thing is, I never posted because I felt the need to catch up. Apparently, I had several drafts that I had written in an attempt to catch up at one point, but only got through Christmas 2018 and haven't touched them since. And there were no photos, so I assume that I was just waiting to add those, then would publish! Clearly that didn't happen (I clicked "publish" today though...posts without photos is better than nothing!) 

And then more time went by and there was much more catching up to do. A LOT has happened in five years. And it's a shame I never wrote about it, because it was a good five years, really good. But I guess it's better that I start now (or at least once a year so I don't get deleted...) and skip the last five years than never write again. I journaled a bit over the last five years and took many thousands of photos, so at least I still "captured life", it was just in a different form than this blog.

But because I can't truly skip... here's my catch-up:

2019: The year I fell in love and started my PhD
2020: The year I got married and the start of a pandemic
2021: The year MP and I got sealed and bought our first apartment, and still pandemic but not as bad
2022: The year of interviews, wrapping up research, and Michael's applications to MBA programs
2023: The year I defended my dissertation, graduated, had the dreamiest summer, started working, and Michael started at Columbia (wow, it's been a big year)

Okay, NOW I'm all caught up.

An attempt to capture the last 5 years in photos. There's a lot here. Enjoy.


2019
Boyfriend :)
Lab
The tool
Japan
Rin and Mama Emma
Fire Island
Brother visits the city
Another brother visits the city
Pagosa
Neighbors / BFFs
Home <3

2020
Fiance
Montauk
Hawaii
Sent home for what we though was a couple weeks
Freshman friends
Pandemic bday
Wedding!
Bachelorette party
August 6, 2020 <3


2021
Husband
Armory vaccine volunteering
Hawaii
Montauk
Rooftop
Golden bday
So special to be at Tayo's wedding <3
Columbia fam
Pagosa
Sealing :)
Puerto Rico
NYC Thanksgiving
Moving day
Sibs


2022
New apartment
ORS Conference
Heart pizza for Valentine's Day
Barcelona
Virgin Islands
Lab pic
First podium presentation
Spartan race
Caroline & Woods' wedding :)
SB3C
Pagosa Rodeo
Into the Woods
Family reunion
Rooftop views
Sara!!
John & Taylor's wedding
Marathon Michael
Thanksgiving visitors!
Interview in Texas = visit Celeste :)
Love nights like these
NYC Christmas <3


2023
They helped me move...finally I got to help them!
Cafe 82 mornings
3 cakes for 33
Successful defense!
April bday crew :)
Bruges
Paris
Conference in Paris is a great way to end a PhD
Chateaux in Loire Valley
Monet's gardens
Columbia Mechanical Engineering PhD grads :)
BFFs and doctorates the same year :)
Love catching up with these freshman friends
Eras Tour
Shrimp at the Indy 500 :)
Disney World
Race day at Daytona
Family reunion
Pseudo-moved to Philly
STAR
Brother in the city
Brother racing Indy
Best girl crew
Arianne helped live out my Halloween dream
Marathon Michael
STAR

No comments:

Post a Comment