My winter break was forever long, which I loved. When everyone in Seattle started school, I still had a week left, so naturally I decided to pop on up to Seattle for a few days and pester them all during syllabus week. Oh how I miss Seattle. I don't think I moved there realizing how much I would truly fall in love with the city. I believe that Seattle brought out the best in me. It uncovered this part of me that I couldn't uncover by myself. Maybe that's just because I was a little older and living on my own and those things force you to "find yourself." Or maybe it really was the city itself. Either way, I truly feel myself there. I'm at ease and don't feel like I'm pretending to be or do anything - I'm just me. When I realized that's how I feel in Seattle and that's how I feel in Utah with my family and the Cats, I realized that it really was
home (remember, I don't use that word lightly).
Anyway, my trip was lovely. I stayed with Sara at La CoSa (last time I'll be there before her and Shamil move!), spent hours sitting in the living room at the Bat House, ate Lost Lake hashbrowns, sat and talked with Brother Ashcroft, checked on my Galaga high score at the HUB, realized they had taken away the Galaga machine, decided to claim that I had the final Galaga high score and would take that accomplishment with me forever, wandered Pike Place to eat Ellenos and my favorite bread with balsamic samples, hung out with all of my favorite lax ladies, and ate burgers with my freshman crew at EJs.
The weather was overcast and the sky spit on my face the whole time and it was beautiful.
 |
| La CoSa forever!!! |
 |
This just looks like your normal old sketchy alley. And it is. But it's also the alley where I left from every morning to get anywhere either by bike or car. It's the alley where Sara and I one time found a disgusting GIANT pile of poop as we left for school together. It's the alley that I drove into with Tina the first time she was coming over and she immediately freaked out. One of the walls behind one of the neighboring restaurants says "RIP Waiter." I drove my car with bike on top into the garage. Tina overcame her fear of this alley and always picked me up back here. The garbage truck would park behind our garage and block us in. And it was also the beautiful view from the windows of La CoSa #2. |
 |
| JOJO MY LAX SOULMATE |
 |
| I love when we all just sit around in the living room together doing nothing but hanging out. |
 |
| These EJs reunions make me so happy. Me, Nick, Emma, James. |
No comments:
Post a Comment