Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Guess who's back? Back again?

Yep. I'm back. I took a short little 8 month hiatus from the blogging world. Here is why: I don't like to skip around. I want everything up to date. And then when I miss a few weeks, I feel like I need to back track and update those, which would take more time than I had at that moment. So then weeks turns into months. And now we're here.

But I also recently discovered that my dear friend, Arianne, also has a blog. (Who is Arianne you say? Good question. For some reason we were not friends for the past few years that we have both been in Seattle and now we are practically the best of friends. We must have been friends in another life. Point is, we are now wonderful friends.) Arianne also shared a sentiment of not updating as often as she would like. So we formed a pact. We will hold each other accountable so that we have no choice but to regularly post.

I still cannot, however, just skip the last 8 months of my life. So be prepared. Because I went through ALL of my photos since my last post and narrowed them down to the ones posted below. The thing is though... I take a LOT of photos. And I have friends who take a LOT of photos. So there are ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY FIVE photos below. Feel free to look through them all. Or don't. The choice is yours. And for all those new to this blog (which I highly doubt you exist..), please don't be alarmed. This is not the norm. Either way...

Enjoy :) 

Christmas morning
Annual karaoke night
Christopher was skiing ahead of me in the powder through the trees. He skillfully went over a
small little jump, landed and kept going. I unsuccessfully went over the same tiny jump, fell
into the powder and was stuck. I started calling to Christopher, "Help! I've fallen and I can't
get up!" He came over and helped pull me up, while we laughed and laughed. When you
fall in powder it really is like trying to stand back up on water haha.
Aw poor Christopher :( Just a few days later, he went off a much bigger jump and did not
land it.
Sadly, he broke his femur. But he was a great sport and is now pretty much fully recovered!
Carine and I headed out to Atlanta for the UW vs. Alabama football semifinals.
Attempted to teach Tina to ski 😝
Said goodbye to Marty in Hawaii before he left on his mission! The entire family went to the temple together. Who knows
when we'll be able to do that again.
Took Sara to learn to ski
Toured Husky Stadium
Hard at work on our, now patented (*provisional patent) medical device to treat venous ulcers!
Final lax season back in full swing.
Bat House hosts: ABBA
My lax babies so excited about the snow 😘
Every February = Santa Barbara
Attempting to perfect the lighting for Jordo's photoshoot
Frankly, I'm too lazy to go rotate this photo. But this is a classic
with Yolo from Lost Lake 😍
This whole matching thing happens surprisingly often.
Facetiming each other while in the same room cuz just can't get enough
Teaching Sara guitar (with the limited knowledge I have)
Danielle came and visited 😍
This is a big deal.
Spring break began with a drive to Grants Pass...
And then a drive along the coast...
And then a trip to Whistler with my favorite ski buddy.
I met our family's adorable puppy, Kershaw 😱❤️
This is the only time I will ever use the dog filter.
Spring break hiking.
❤️❤️❤️
Enlightening the minds of the future generation at Discovery Days 😏
I would give my whole heart to UW Women's Lax over and over and over again if I could.
Papa handmade this beautiful bowl from fiddleback maple as a graduation gift ❤️
How I love Yolo. And listening to Girls Named Tomorrow (woohoo go Alex and Mike!) <-- can't wait until they're famous
Olympic Sculpture Park
Puyallup Spring Fair
Freshies reunion :D
Gasworks: still my favorite park and favorite view.
The beginning of camping season. And the initiation of my new tent and my new hiking boots. It was very exciting.
The passing of Grandpa Adair. I feel like I've done enough talking about it, so I won't do more here. But we sure do love
and miss you, your jokes, and your love Grandpa. 
Volunteer Park.
Tutta Bella. A new fav.
Yayyy Marty is doing GREAT on his mission!! Such fun to talk to him :D
Hahaha the workers at the house got creative
Undergraduate research symposium and my roomie is amazing!!
4 years
Jeff 😂😂
Brooklyn and baby Jane
Dylan or dog?
It's official!! I'm a college graduate!!
Grandma told us to close our eye.
Snuck the boys out for a little Seattle adventure aka the "Great Wheel"
Yep. Definitely looks like the family. Also, notice he is wearing overalls.
All the  boys in our favorite house moved. They let us come and raid the extra knick-knacks.
Dinner with the old Seattle missionaries.
Mwahahaha, Arianne this is for you 😘 Also, another excursion
to Lost Lake cuz that's my favorite.
UW cleaned the fountain so we jumped in.
Loved showing Grandma my favorite parts of campus
Hahahah he tried.
Banff. I made myself scroll super fast through these photos when choosing what to post because if I spent too much time, I
would literally want to post every single one. This was the perfect trip. Carine and Arianne were the perfect travel buddies.
Banff was absolutely beautiful. We ate extremely well. Our tent setup was incredible. Basically everything was perfect.
(okay, the biscuits were not as good as they looked like they were about to be)
Yolanda, Jordan, & I. Oregon Coast --> Portland --> The Gorge. All cuz of The Shins. Great show. Great people. Great trip.
Back to Portland to visit Arianne at home.
And to go to Tillamook (and apparently to get Dr. Pepper while at Tillamook).
Seeing if my newly acquired rock climbing skills have been paying off.
The BEST and ONLY way I will ever do 4th of July in Washington
again is from the water.
Pagosa? Home? They're one in the same.
We loved having Diane and her boys as well as Ashlyn join us!
Made it to the Olympics.
Matching again.
This little dancing hot dog man went viral, I swear overnight.
Climb or die. (Almost literally when you're lead climbing for the first time...)
Super Smash Bro (and Sis) Soiree
I was Yoshi if you can't tell
Shaeffers & Wickhams take on Argentina
Getting sprayed by Iguazu Falls
They're HUGE 😱
Buenos Aires 😍
Trying to convince my mom this should be our Christmas card 😂
Finally ran across I-90!! 😱
Just a day in Ballard with the best roomie.
Alki Beach
Newport Beach
And here we go... venturing back east. Time to apartment hunt.
Mom for scale at the new place.
And one last rendezvous with my Seattle fam.
Thoughts.. farmers or hipsters?
Pike Place with the fav roomie again.
Yes. The Lumineers. Perfect.
Would it surprise you if I told you this is the most photographed place in Seattle?
http://www.incrediblyinteresting.com/the-most-photographed-attraction-in-seattle-2/

1 comment:

  1. That was fun! And we should definitely use the polo photo as our Christmas card! Send me the photo! Your hair made me laugh in one of the pics and I love your smile in the Iguazu spray pic!

    ReplyDelete