Be ready for about one million pictures...
Wednesday night: Shlyn and Carl were the designated photographers as we all jumped into the fountain ;D I also took them to Gasworks park to see all the city lights lighting up the water.
Thursday: We began the morning walking around Greenlake (looove this park). The rest of the day was spent downtown walking through Pike Place, leaving our mark on the Gum Wall, and spending two hours at the Crab Pot stuffing ourselves full with three pounds of the most delicious crab we could possibly imagine. When we got back to my apartment, it was just light enough for me to show off my campus and give Carly and Shlyn the grand tour.
| Trying to make the same face as the fish (feat. photobombing worker) |
| Thinking of Tessa! |
| I want to eat this crab all over again. |
| Beautiful. |
Friday: This morning we worked on getting everything packed up. The morning was cloudy and we figured we might as well get the apartment packed up and hope for the sun to come out later...and it did! We rented a canoe and paddled around Lake Union, picking lilies, feeding the ducks, and taking lots of photos. In the evening, we met up with some of my friends from Institute for one last dinner before I left Seattle for the next six months! It was fun to see everyone and introduce them to Carly and Ashlyn..I love it when my Utah life and Washington life collide! haha.
![]() |
| Sad to say goodbye to everyone for a little bit... One last picture with Cynthia for the next little while! |
Saturday: Sara left for Kazakhstan today and boy am I going to miss this wonderful roomie of mine! We said our "See you later"'s and then Shlyn, Carly, and I headed back downtown to catch the ferry to Bainbridge! I don't know what it is, but something about riding a ferry is so much fun! We loved exploring this cute island and its yummy food and shops just a few minutes walk from the port. The rest of the day we stayed downtown revisiting Pike Place, eating soft pretzels at Pacific Place Mall, and hanging out at the top of the Space Needle.
| Ashlyn, thank you for trusting Carly and I to take good care of you at the top of the Space Needle even though you are terrified of heights. |
Sunday: Last minute packing and cleaning, church, and driving to Boise. Lots of singing was involved. So much singing that I lost my voice for the next week.
Monday: Driving from Boise to Salt Lake City. I loved spending the weekend with two of my very best friends and showing them all around Seattle! I can't imagine a better way to kick off summer :D




No comments:
Post a Comment