I love her because...
I have never doubted she loves me. She is happy, stylish, and confident. She lives with the bigger picture in mind and shares her experiences and knowledge. She taught us to work until the job is done. She was my music teacher, our tour guide, my tutor, my college counselor, and is my life counselor. She is beautiful, a peace keeper, an explorer, the party planner, the best listener, my fellow people-watcher, the best story teller, and my loudest cheerleader. She shares her testimony. She lives her testimony. She taught me how to efficiently load a dishwasher, how to laugh at myself, not to worry about what others say, to try new things, to live without regrets, to dream big, to follow my dreams, and to work hard. You'll find her where the fun is. She is constantly sharing and always serving. She is patient, loving, selfless, and kind. And you know what? She just plain gets me.
Mom, I remember when I was having a hard day and I came home and there was mango sorbet in the freezer. I remember all the nights of you reading Harry Potter to me. I remember sitting in Europe together watching the boys barter for those little rubber band spinny things. I remember when Just Give Me A Reason came on in Lake Powell and you threw a towel over your head and started belting it out. I remember walks in Pagosa with you. I remember you teaching us how to water ski. I remember your push for and constant example through family home evenings. I remember being the last 3 at the table at Sunday dinner -- just me, you, and Dad. I remember how you patiently answered me every single time I asked what the schedule of what happened was when I got my wisdom teeth out. I remember how I sent you millions of essays and you always were willing to edit them for me. I remember how you would clean my room if I would just sit and talk to you. I remember how terrified we were to be with each other when I was learning how to drive and love that we can laugh about that now (we can right??). I remember all my friends coming over and everyone just wanting to talk to you and hear your stories. Thank you for every memory I have with you and every memory to come!! I sure am blessed to have a mom like you. I love you!!!
Happy Mothers' Day <3
"...yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them. And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it."




I am the luckiest mom in the world.
ReplyDelete