Sunday, May 11, 2014

"God couldn't be everywhere, so he created mothers."

It was Mom...
Who I clung to every second as a child
Who brought home mango sorbet whenever I needed to be cheered up
Who spent endless hours editing college essays
Who spent endless hours researching colleges for me
Who I ran to to tell about my first kiss
Who flew out to Seattle to watch my first college lacrosse games
Who would clean my room while I just sat and jabbered away at her
Who taught me to be able to shake it off
Who taught me how to laugh at myself
Who taught me how to be girly
Who taught me literally everything
Who always forced me to practice the piano — THANK YOU for that
Who helped me move into my dorm
Who kept me sane in a house full of boys
Who held me while I cried my goodbyes



It is Mom...
Who always has the first hug
Who gives the best advice
Who knows exactly what I need in any situation
Who I want to show off to all of my friends
Who will stay up late talking with me
Who can calm me down when I’m stressed out
Who I laugh with until my stomach hurts
Who always takes my side
Who I vent to about my silly drama
Who is always the first to try something new
Who sings her heart out along to the car radio
Who is always supporting
Who is a friend to everyone she meets
Who I want to tell every second of my monotonous and unexciting days to
Who I call first with good news
Who always acts interested in what you tell her
Who always has the biggest smile
Who always tells me she loves me...and always means it.


I don't think I'll ever be able to give her back one fraction of what my mom has done for me.  Thank you, Mom for always being my number one fan and my very best friend!  I love you more than I'll ever be able to show you.  Can't wait to see you soon :D

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful surprise to sit down and look at blogs, and see that you have a new post and to see it's about ME! I LOVE you and all these sweet things you said! Thank you for letting me be a friend to you! That's the best gift you could ever give me! I love these photos too! Let's make a plan when you get home to capture a moment of Me Hugging Marty! He's always been a great hugger, but he's 16 and I don't think they give lingering hugs to their mothers so we'll have to be quick! LOVE you SO Much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's such a good mama! Love her!

    ReplyDelete